Now you can get high quality drum tracks while saving money by not renting studio time, paying for equipment cartage, and paying for an engineer.
Only high quality mic preamps and microphones are used in my home studio to ensure that you receive the highest fidelity possible. I am using two Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt converters, Neve 1073, and API 312/512c preamps. These are some of the best sounding pres and converters in the industry.
How does a remote recording session work?
- First you send your guide track either by snail mail or email. A WAV file is preferred. If possible, please include one guide track without drums. The track without drums will be used for your previews. Please include vocals on the guide track if possible.
- It is recommended that guide/demo tracks are recorded with a click track at your studio. Please include the song tempo in the email when you send your WAV file. It is not necessary to include a separate click track unless you have not exported your track from 0:00 on your DAW. If you decide to send a click track, please include it on a separate track in WAV format.
- The drums will then be recorded and multiple takes will be sent to you to preview and select which track you like best.
- Once you have decided which takes you would like to use, the tracks will be uploaded in a WAV or AIF format and will then be ready to be mixed in any recording software. You will receive up to 12 drum tracks (kick in, kick out, snare top, snare bottom, hi hat, tom 1, tom 2, tom 3, tom 4, overhead left, overhead right, and a room mic). Up to 24 simultaneously recorded tracks are available plus unlimited percussion overdubs.
- WAV or AIF files are available in 16, 24, and 32 bit with optional sampling rates at 44.1k, 48k, 88.2k and 96k. Just specify which bit rate and sampling rate you prefer. If you are not sure, you will be sent 44.1k / 24 bit WAV files (standard).
- Premixed, eq'd and compressed stereo tracks are also available if you are not comfortable mixing and processing drum tracks.
- Percussion overdubs are available to add extra flavor to your track. (Korg Wave Drum, shakers, tamborine, congas, bongos, guiro, triangle, claves, cabasa, etc.)
Prices start at $100 per song. You will own all of the rights to the drum tracks.
Do you need guitar or bass tracks? Jake works with some of the best musicians that Nashville has to offer. Get a guitar, bass, or virtually any other instrument.
Typical Microphone Setup:
Shure Beta 52 (Kick In) - API 512c pre
Warm Audio Fet 47 (Kick Out) - 1073 pre
Shure SM57 (Snare Top) - API 512c pre
AKG C451B (Second Snare Top) - 1073 pre
Shure SM57 (Snare Bottom) - API 512c pre
Shure KSM137 (Hihat) - Apogee pre
Audix D2 (Tom 1) - API 312 pre
Audix D2 (Tom2) - API 312 pre
Audix D4 (Tom 3) - API 312 pre
Shure KSM27 (Tom 4) - API 312 pre
2 Shure KSM32 (Overheads) - API 512c pre
Oktava MC012 (Room Mic) - API 512c pre
Other Available Microphones:
Shure Beta98 (Toms)
AKG D112 (Kick)
Audix D6 (Kick)
Audix D1 (Snare)
Dry Tracks - Your drum tracks will have no EQ, compression, gates, or processing of any kind. This option is ideal for experienced musicians and engineers who are familiar with processing their own drum tracks or for clients who will send their tracks off to someone else for mixing and mastering.
Processed Tracks - Your drum tracks will come already EQ'd, compressed, and properly gated (toms) using industry standard Waves plugins. This option is for indivuals who do not want to have to mess with getting great sounds. This package includes all of the original (dry) tracks plus all of the individual processed tracks. You will also receive a pre-mixed stereo drum track so all you will have to do is drop your audio file into your favorite mixing software and enjoy your new custom tracks.
Below you can listen to examples of unprocessed and processed drum tracks. The first track would be how your drums would sound if you choose the "dry" option. All of the other tracks are examples of the processed "wet" option. All of the tracks in the playlist are the exact same recording. The only difference is the processing. You can mix and match sounds from the examples. Example: "I like the kick from the Z2 kit with the snare from the Motown kit." There are 25 kits listed below, but many more sounds are available.
Headphones or speakersare highly recommended while listening in order to hear the sonic differences and subtleties of the sounds.
Free Studio Drum Loops:
SONGWRITERS!!! Do you need some great sounding drum loops? Click the image below to download your free drum loops!
Tempos included are: 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, and 120 beats per minute.
Many styles of grooves are included as well as shaker and tamborine tracks. You can drop these into any DAW and "warp" the tracks in order to conform to your desired tempo.
Do you need a drum track at 73bpm? No problem! Grab a track from the 70bpm folder, set your DAW to 73, drop in the track and bam...your track is warped to 73bpm and ready for use.
The drum loops are free to download, and I would appreciate any credit or a webiste link if you use these in your music. Enjoy!